.. all the little creative things of my everyday life.



"So little of what could happen does happen."

Salvador Dalí

Monday 18 July 2011

the lion and the unicorn.

So the past couple of weeks have been quite hectic. I have had contractors in and out the house to refurbish our flat and I have had my family over from Sweden. In addition to all of this it has been mad busy at work as we have been launching our sale in store. But that's all good because I have some pretty exciting plans ahead that I will reveal shortly.

Anyways .. I came across this installation in front of the Royal Festival Hall at Southbank here in London during a day out with the fam. It's created by artist Gitta Gschwendtner who has worked together with 50 young asylum seekers and refugees to create a fluttering wall of poems. I just thought the whole piece was so beautiful and the way they were representing their thoughts about freedom and fear just had to be documented. So I snapped a couple of images for you guys to see. Not quite sure if it is still up (I hope not as it has been raining like crazy the last couple of days) but if it is .. it is definitly worth taking a trip down.




"Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?" // Mohandes Ghandi 

The thought behind it is quite similar to a project I was working on 3 years ago. I'll try to find some images of that to show you later but right now I gotta run. Ciao for now / P. x

No comments:

Post a Comment