.. all the little creative things of my everyday life.



"So little of what could happen does happen."

Salvador Dalí

Sunday 12 September 2010

we ♥ window displays.

Windows are excellent spaces for experimental and conceptual design and London is the master city for it! I have come across some exceptionally impressing windows during my years here, but as I was walking around in Knightsbridge the other day, I had to stop at the windows at Harvey Nichols for a more thorough look. They have introduced a a new series of displays originated from the theme "Everyday Thing". It features elaborate sculptures made of everyday objects, such as pencils and cassettes. You can see everything from a dress made out of clothes pins to a car made out of plastic toys. The details and colour combinations are very striking so would definitly advise all of you to go down and have a look!! Love it!



Sweet huh?

Another quite amazing set of displays are the new shoe production displays at Selfridges. Now I haven't seen the final ones yet as I have not been back there but I am proud to say that I was one of the first ones to witness them being erected. The displays were put in on Thursday night, the same night I had a nightshift of my own, implementing the new September Update Directive. I therefore got a first glimpse of how they would all look. Sorry for the bad quality guys .. I took the photos from a distance in the dark.



Better pics will follow on Monday!

Nitenite for now/ P.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I do agree with you London is an amazing city to experience all kind events you never see some other places.
    Your pictures are great and your viewpoint is is intersting too.

    Calming Hypnosis

    ReplyDelete