.. all the little creative things of my everyday life.



"So little of what could happen does happen."

Salvador Dalí

Thursday 12 August 2010

begun to work again.

My week so far has been very relaxing, I have to say. Although I have been at work all through this week it has been a very creative week for me. On Monday night the floor was refreshed with a new denim destination going in. And then most of the week has been about organising training and attending training sessions at Head Office.

Apart from that I have also begun to sketch out a few new ideas for my collection. I have done some sketch pieces, which helped me understand what geometry and material I want to work on on specific pieces. It also made me realise that I have a HUGE shopping list to tick off !!

I have finally decided on my current theme: Afghan and Persian. Don't know if that is specific enough so showing you some inspiration images:





I have literally fallen in love with the colours and shapes of this part of the world. The Persian Empire as a whole has a very intriguing history and its tales are extremely beautiful. My dad has told me millions of stories from these times and I have always been tempted to interact with the tales and find a way to re-create the imaginary frames from the stories heard. So this is going to be excellent. Lets see how it goes ..

Stay blessed / P.

No comments:

Post a Comment