.. all the little creative things of my everyday life.



"So little of what could happen does happen."

Salvador Dalí

Friday 14 January 2011

awoken.

Just woke up after a good 5 hours sleep after work. I finished at 12pm today because I had an appointment elsewhere and realised that I didn't have any energy left by the time I got home. Had a little shopping spree with my sister too which was fun. Just lying in bed now contemplating whether or not I should turn off my computer straight away and dive under my duvet or if I should stay up and read a bit more until I get reaaaaally tired again. Might have a better nights sleep then?


my favourite collection of fairy tales


I have long had a passion for fairy tales (I don't believe that they are only for when you are a child). Fairy tales speculate upon a lot of current matters in the world .. connecting them with ancient folklore to give it a more attractive approach. There is a lot of moral attached to them and that's the main reason I like to read them. Have you ever thought about Cinderella? At the end of the story you realise that her beauty would have been useless if it wasn't for her fairy god-mother, cleaverly pointing out the importance of social connections. Or The Princess and the Pea? The princess showed up at the castle in raggidy torn clothes and an all together messy appearance .. so she wasn't classed as a princess. Yet after passing her test they understood she was a true princess. Moral behind this story is to not judge people by what they look like and that first impressions don't always have to be correct. And I probably don't even need to get into the meaning behind all the events in Alice in Wonderland?


Other fairy tales outline more gruesome qualities such as the prince in Snow White, who kisses her dead cold body to revive her from the dead. Necrophila? Or the evil queen, who actually is Snow Whites real mother. It speaks about a parents jealousy for her young and beautiful children.

Either way discussions about sagas like these can be endless and that's the main reason I get attracted to them. I have always wanted to get a tattoo based upon something metaphorical like this. Like the symbols of the card decks (used in AiW for instance). Something about the unexpected and random nature of our lives and the fact that you never know what's around the corner. In contradiction to this you will be able to live your life in a better way if you play your cards right .. Right?

a ring i bought last year in japan. slight obsession with suit symbols
 
Ok .. enough with the deep analysis' now. I really need to go to bed as I am stepping into my own tale of re-merchandising our entire full price area tomorrow morning at 7am!

Sleep tight people! / P. x


.. and don't worry dad .. I'm not getting a tattoo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment